Spicy Prawn Soup (Tom Yum Goong)
About 2 servings
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbs roast chilli paste
- 4 lime leaves, torn into big pieces
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, 2cm lengths
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs fish sauce
- 2-3 small red or green chillis, chopped
- 20 straw mushrooms
- 8 medium sized fresh uncooked prawns (peeled, tails intact)
- 2 large stalks of chopped coriander (not the leaves)
- 1 inch of galangal
- Add lemon grass, lime leaves, galangal and coriander roots and stalks into the stock and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, chilli paste and mushrooms and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add prawns and cook about 1 minute, being careful not to overcook the prawns.
- At the end add lime juice to the soup.
- Add chopped chilli and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Yukiko Anschutz, WEA Instructor
Created on Tue, 23 Oct 2007, 12:35am
Last changed on Sat, 17 Nov 2007, 7:48pm