Chinese Chicken Parcels
- 1 Chinese cabbage
- sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed
- fresh coriander
- 1-2 red chillis
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 large chicken breast or thigh
- 1 small tin water chestnuts
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Discard outer cabbage leaves, then separate and soak remaining leaves in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Cool in bowl of cold water, then drain and set aside.
- Process garlic, ginger, spring onions, coriander, chilli, fish sauce and pinch of salt in food processor. Add chicken, water chestnuts, lime zest and juice and sesame oil and process until meat is minced.
- Place heaped tablespoon of mince into cabbage leaf and then fold sides up and roll to form parcels.
- Rub bamboo steamer with olive oil and place parcels in steamer. Steam over boiling water for about 6 minutes or until cooked
Created on Fri, 07 Jul 2006, 4:14pm
Last changed on Sun, 03 Dec 2006, 4:16pm