Also known as Sate Bali. Serve with Hot Mango Dip.
- 450g sirloin steak
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 50g raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 peice ginger, 1-1.5cm long, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp tamarind sauce
- 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp rice or white wine vinegar
- Slice the beef into long narrow strips and thread, zig-sag, onto 12 skwers. Lay flat and set aside.
- For the marinade, dry-fry the seeds and nuts in a wok until evenly brown. Crush finely in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the vegetable oil, onikon, ginger, garlic, tamarind sauce, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar, and then spread mixture over beef.
- Leave beef to marinate up to 8 hours.
- Cook the skewers under a grill or on a BBQ for 6-8 minutes, turning to ensure even colour.
- Serve with Hot Mango Dip
The Complete Chinese and Asian Cookbook
Created on Wed, 22 Feb 2006, 4:24pm
Last changed on Sun, 03 Dec 2006, 4:25pm