Introduction to Data Communications (ITS 323)
This course aims to introduce you to the fundamentals of data and
computer communications. You will learn how and why the tasks of sharing
information between computing devices is organised into layers, and then
for each layer learn the basic techniques used for data communication.
Examples using present day technologies, especially Internet-related,
will be given. This course gives broad coverage of data communications:
more specific coverage of technologies is given in subsequent courses
(e.g. ITS325, ITS413).
- Dr Steven Gordon (contact details)
- Lecture Times
- Section 1 (IT): Wednesday 10:40-12:00 and Thursday 10:40-12:00, BKD 2601
- Section 2 (CS): Wednesday 09:00-10:20 and Thursday 09:00-10:20, BKD 2605
- Data and Computer Communications, 9th Edition by Williams Stallings, Prentice Hall, 2011. (additional resources)
- No formal prerequisites, although it is expected that you have good knowledge of basic engineering
mathematics, operating systems concepts, software design principles and programming. See the Study Guide for advice on refreshing your knowledge in these areas.
- Online Resources
- Moodle: http://it.siit.tu.ac.th/moodle/course/view.php?name=its323y12s1
Mail List: http://ict.siit.tu.ac.th/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/its323